WHO ARE WE AND
WHAT DO WE DO?
An End-of-life Doula is a non-medical professional that provides holistic support for the dying and their loved ones before, during, and after death. Trained in the various end of life stages a Doula is able to assist the family with understanding the natural processes while providing comfort and support.
An end of life doula:
- Provides support and care for those in the last phases of life-limiting illness
- Recognizes dying as part of the normal process of living
- Focuses on quality of life for individuals and their family caregivers
- Attends to the emotional, psychosocial and spiritual aspects of dying and caregiving
- Advocates for the patient and family
- Provides additional support system to patients and families with no time limitations or time restrictions
- Serves as the eyes and ears of hospice program
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU
End of Life Planning
End of Life Coach
Home Funeral Guide
The surgeon was frank as he outlined options. Additional surgeries would be required, and in his weakened state, no guarantees my husband would survive them. The only other option was no more surgery and release into a skilled nursing facility or to home. As time was of the essence, a decision was needed quickly. It’s hard to think logically with your head when your heart is so heavily involved.
Susan Flynn became that person. She was kind enough to come to the hospital that evening. She had a long private conversation with my husband and a separate conversation with me. The conversations were thoughtful and all encompassing. Let me be clear, Susan was not there to make a decision for us, but to be a sounding board.
My husband was very adamant, no additional surgeries and to just go home. With this decision Susan discussed many things, among them DNR orders, Living Will directives and the role of Hosparus.
This was the path we took for his final journey and I’m forever grateful for Susan’s guidance and reassurance. My husband was able to pass away peacefully at home with his loved ones by his side.
Please contact us and we will gladly answer any questions that you have for us. We are here for you and are waiting to help you through your journey as soon as you are ready.